Monday, July 19, 2010

Life Twists and Turns...The Start of a New Blog


Recently I ended my former blog: http://www.westendpostike.blogspot.com/
because after Ike, we were tired of hurricanes, dimishing beaches and lack of support from the city. After 30 years on the coast, we bought a lake house and promptly sold our little gem on the ocean. In fact, we were at closing for the Lake House when we got a call that the Beach House had a contract! At this point, I feel that credit is due to two realtors: Peter at Bayreef Century 21 and Marie at Lakeland Realty. Both made buying and selling a house a speedy reality.We never thought that our beach house would sell quickly. At this point, I need to digress to how we landed on a small, pristine lake in Goodrich. My nextdoor neighbor at the beach, Jane, was listening to me proclaim that I was not going through another hurricane and wanted a more tranquil setting. She related that she also had a lake house and went on to describe its peacefulness and beauty. No, she wouldn't sell us hers, so I started looking online for homes in her area. After much persuading, Allen agreed to take a look at the lake....but only a look. We drove up there, found Jane in her front yard and went down to the lakefront. We were instantly smitten. So, for the next year, I looked weekly on HAR online for listings. Not many around.... I looked in the SOLD section and showed Allen a house that resembled our beach house; exactly what I wanted. Only a few months later, that house came on the market. After a 3 day listing, we bought it. Unlike the Beach House that is completely renovated and sparkle-new, the Lake House needs some work to bring it to "our own". Thus, the saga begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment